Looking for guides on how to close applications on iPhone 4S? When iPhone 4 and 4S were released, it came with lots of new features.
Due to that, many users found it hard to use their new iPhones at that time as they were not familiar with all the latest features and functions. Among them, one of the most common issues was regarding closing out apps completely on iPhone 4S.
And, for your convenience, we have brought all the methods of closing an app on your iPhone 4 in this post. So, let’s see how it’s done…
Tutorials on How To Close Applications On iPhone 4S:
Before we can share the methods of closing applications on your iPhone 4S, we will have to clear up some confusion about the iOS 4. So, first, we will talk about this below and then we will share the ways you can close apps on your iPhone 4S.
iOS 4 Multitask Feature and iPhone 4S:
iOS 4 was the first smartphone operating system from Apple that featured multitasking. That means the users of iOS 4 would be able to use multiple apps at the same time. With the addition of this new feature, many iPhone users faced difficulties closing apps on their iPhone 4S. Because all of the iPhone 4S smartphones have got the iOS 4 installed. So, if you want to learn how to close apps on your iPhone 4S, you will need to understand the new feature first.
Typically, on previous iOS versions, you would press the ‘Home’ button to close the apps. But in this iterations of iOS, pressing the ‘Home’ button once would only hide the app on the background. So that you can launch another app on the foreground and take advantage of the newly added multitasking feature by putting the app on the background.
In the next section, we will learn how to close running apps on your iPhone 4 and 4S. So, let’s go…
Method #1 Using the Home Key:
- You have to press the ‘Home’ key of your iPhone 4S twice on a quick succession
- In doing so, all the recent apps that are still running in the background will appear on the screen
- You can swipe left or right to access all the other apps that are running
- Now, find the app that you want to close by swiping left or right. And, while that particular app’s thumbnail is on the screen just swipe up to close the app completely
Method #2 Using the App Switcher:
The app switcher feature is also another new addition in iOS 4. With the help of this function, you can switch apps on the fly without closing another app at all. Similarly, you can also close applications on iPhone 4 and 4S using the ‘App Switcher’. Here’s how…
- First of all, double-press the ‘Home’ button on your iPhone 4S to bring out all the apps that are open in the background
- Now, at the bottom of the screen, you will find the app switcher. In the app switcher area, you will find all the icons of the recently opened applications on your iPhone
- So, find the icon of the app you want to close. Then press and hold that particular icon (or any icon will do) until all the icons start to wiggle. You will also see a big minus icon in the top left corner of each icon
- Now, tap on the minus icon over the icon of the app you want to close. And it will be closed automatically
Method #3 Using the Power Button:
This is another method you can try to close the applications on your iPhone. However, this is a time-consuming process compared to the other methods we have mentioned already. So, let’s see how this works.
- First of all, navigate to the app you want to close. Then press and hold the power key on your iPhone until the ‘Slide to Power Off’ screen appears
- Now, press and hold the ‘Home’ button for a moment and the application will be closed automatically
Sum up—Close Applications on iPhone 4 and 4S:
If you are still with us, then you should already know how to close apps on your iPhone 4 and 4S. As previously mentioned, there are various ways you can close out an app completely on iOS 4. So, we have also provided you with all these multiple methods.
You can try all of these and find out the best and easiest method on your own. We hope this post will help you to take advantage of the multitasking feature of iPhone 4S and iOS 4.
So, have you tried any of the methods mentioned above yet? Which one is the fastest of them all? Do let us know in the comments below!